There is a rise in the sum of intellectual property being recorded in India because of an upsurge in responsiveness among individuals concerning intellectual property laws and the progression of technology, permitting for online registering of numerous kinds of intellectual property being made. Copyright registration is among one of the important types of intellectual property guard and permits for the safeguarding of fictional, theatrical, harmonious and creative works.
Copyrights Register is divided into
- Literary works are other than computer programs.
- Musical Works.
- Artistic Works.
- Cinematography Films.
- Sound Recording.
- Computer Programs, tables & Compilations.
Benefits of Copyright Registration
The subsequent are some of the significant benefits of registering your work and availing copyright protection:
- Copyright protection generates a public record of the possession by the copyright owner.
- Copyright protection allows the owner of the copyright to take lawful action counter to infringers in a court.
- If the lawful action is taken prior to or within a definite period from the date of publication, it empowers satisfactory proof in court relating to the legitimacy of the copyright and the truths that are stated in the certificate of copyright.
- If registration is completed within a little span of time the individual’s work or at any time prior to the infringement of the copyrighted work, the copyright holder is allowed to the entitlement of statutory damages in a high court. Devoid of the process registration, only an award associated with actual harms and returns will be made obtainable, and these can be quite complex to prove in a court of law.
- Licenses the copyright holder to record the registration with Indian Customs to aid in security against the import of invading copies into India.
Validity of Copyright Protection
Normally, copyright protection is effective for a period of 60 years. In the instance of original fictional, theatrical, harmonious, creative works, the 60-year period is calculated from the year subsequent to the death of the author. In the case of cinematograph films, sound footages, photographs, subsequent publications, unnamed and pseudonymous publications, works of government and works of worldwide organizations, the 60-year period is calculated from the date of publication
How do we work?
Fill our Registration Form & Make the Payment
Call from a dedicated copyright expert
Experts will receive your concept details & necessary documents.
Copyright experts will file the application of your copyright
Congratulations! Your copyright is successfully applied.
FAQ For Copyright Registration
Copyright registration is basically an intellectual property right similar to a trademark and patent. It is essentially a legal right which is offered to the designers for their distinctive work. Copyright falls under the backings of intellectual property law and safeguards the rights of makers of original works of production whether the work in query is published or not. Unique works of authorship include fictional, theatrical, harmonious, creative works such as verse, narratives, pictures, melodies, computer software, and camerawork.
Copyright works include books, sound footage, harmony, creative work, cinematographic films, dramatic, computer programs, databases, advertisements, and paintings.
Copyright protection cannot be offered to a website as a total. For this, a candidate has to give in to a distinct application in respect of each constituent appearing on a website.
As per law, when something is in black and white, drawn, photographed, etc., its copyright is by design owned by the author. In another way, copyright occurs at the moment the work is created. Registration of a copyright with the Copyright Office is intentional. Copyright security occurs even deprived of registration. Though, your work must be recorded before you can file a copyright infringement legal case in court. Additionally, registration of copyright makes it laid-back to verify proprietorship of your work in the event of an infringement and permits you to gather more in damages from the infringer/theft.