Apply for Import Export Code (IEC) Online | Processing on the Same Day| Any location in India
List your import-export trade under Directorate General of Foreign Trade, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Govt. of India. IEC expert VYAPAR AADHAR will deal with the DGFT office on your behalf.
An Importer Exporter Code (IEC) is a crucial business identification number that is compulsory for export from India or to Import to India. No export or import can be carried out without getting an IEC. For services exports though, IEC shall not be essential excluding when the service provider is gaining paybacks under the Foreign Trade Policy. A person or a business unit prerequisites a 10 digit code to import or export products or services. This code is recognized as Import Export Code or IEC and it is allotted by DGFT, Ministry of Commerce and Industries, Govt. of India.
Customs experts want it to clear consignments at the time of imports.
• The bank desires it to assign the cash when imports are made.
• Likewise through export the consignments the IEC is necessary.
• When the exporter is thought to obtain money in foreign currency, the IEC code is mandatory to allocate the money to his account straight.
|Submission of Aayaat Niryaat Form||Zero|
|Professional Fees||Rs. 1499|
|Govt. Fees (Exclude)||Rs. 500|
|Rs. 1499 Only|
Benefits of IEC for Import Export Businesses
FAQ For Import Export
IEC (Import Export Code) is obligatory for anybody who is eyeing to start his/her import/export business in India. It is dispensed by the DGFT (Director General of Foreign Trade). IEC is a 10-digit code that has validity throughout its lifetime.
The application procedure for receiving an IEC Code is very stress-free and suitable. Just follow the steps mentioned below and finish the process of receiving the IEC Code:
- Fill the details in the form & pay the fee – Registration Form.
- Communicate with our IEC specialists.
- Finish all the compliances related to document requirements.
- Get your IEC Code in merely a single day’s time.
- 1499 (In case your aadhaar is connected with your mobile or if you possess a DSC)
- In the case your mobile number is not connected with aadhaar then you must possess a DSC (Digital Signature Certificate)
- A minimal fee of Rs. 500 is to be paid to the government.
It usually needs only a single day to get your Import Export Code/IEC License. But in some instances, it may need another day as it is dependent upon final approval from DGFT. So it might take 1-5 working days to obtain your Import Export License registration certificate.
No, you cannot import lawfully if you do not hold a legal Import Export Code Registration Certificate. As per the existing notification by DGFT (Directorate General of Foreign Trade), No export or import can be done by any person without the procurement of an IEC unless explicitly exempted.
No, the IEC Registration is applicable for a lifetime. Thus there is no obligation to revalidate it.
No. Only one single IEC is issued to a person/entity. So in case more than 1 IEC code is issued, then the same must be submitted to the Regional Office for cancellation.
IE Code is not at all a tax registration. Still, some customs duties may be imposed based upon the product.
Anybody who is performing as sole proprietor of a business can obtain IE code Registration.
As trade is not likely to be carried out without a valid IEC, the fine imposed may be the pay duty based upon the quantity of the goods.
Yes, IEC number is revealed in all customs documents linked to exports and imports.